Smallest species of moray eel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are very few fish I would discourage anyone from trying, but the ribbon eel would definitly be one. Very hard to get to eat. If you are luck enough to get one that has taken to aqaurium fare, sustaining them for a reasonable length of time to consider it a success is still an even bigger challenge.

I see the appeal with their color and delicate looking nature, but man are they a hard animal to keep. I would place them beyond a Moorish Idol in level of difficulty. Just saying.

If anything I'm just going to get a snowflake eel cause it just seems easy to get any easy to care for

Can't go wrong there. They are really nice eels. I had one and he was great. I ended up moving and gave him away, but I had him for 3 years. He didn't bother the fish and the kids loved him. They're like puppies.

Don't hold me to this, but Snowflakes are a "better" choice for a community tank then some of the other more aggressive eels.

Well it's still going to take a while to set the tank up and stuff :/ so ill have plenty of time to make my decision

Back
Top Bottom