Snails in a baby rearing tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spanky

Aquarium Advice Activist
i got a rock full of fancy ocelaris eggs should be ready to hatch in bout 5-6 more days. wondering if snails would be safe in the baby tak to help keep parameters in check along with the daily water changes? also considering curing live rock for tank any idea how that will fly? obviously live rock wont be in this batch of babies.

i got a rock full of fancy ocelaris eggs should be ready to hatch in bout 5-6 more days. wondering if snails would be safe in the baby tak to help keep parameters in check along with the daily water changes? also considering curing live rock for tank any idea how that will fly? obviously live rock wont be in this batch of babies.

I just wanna say Good luck! Hope to be doing this someday myself! I was finding on my filter sock what I believe were hatchlings. I never saw the eggs but thought they were laying. I may need to just move my clowns to a tank on their own.

babies seem to be fine in with the snails guessing 50 or so babies they keep making me miss count. lost 11 so far. lfs owner wants to rear them so tomarrow they be gone try next batch when better prepared trading me a reef capable led light with timer for babies he just left here so he comming back tomarrow with it. dont think snails caused death. might be cause i have cruched coral substrate not glass bottom but the tank they in was not meant for them cleaning up 10 gallon tanks for babies but came down with the flu so they ended up in the 20 gallon i got sat up for bangaii's.

babies seem to be fine in with the snails guessing 50 or so babies they keep making me miss count. lost 11 so far. lfs owner wants to rear them so tomarrow they be gone try next batch when better prepared trading me a reef capable led light with timer for babies he just left here so he comming back tomarrow with it. dont think snails caused death. might be cause i have cruched coral substrate not glass bottom but the tank they in was not meant for them cleaning up 10 gallon tanks for babies but came down with the flu so they ended up in the 20 gallon i got sat up for bangaii's.

Nice!! I have my Bengaiis in separate tanks at times too!! Stinkin things can't get along! You have same prob?? My "babies" were not clowns. I'm guessing some kind of pod. I threw them in the sump-refugium.

Back
Top Bottom