Snails mating and Diatoms on PH and Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bawel

Aquarium Advice Freak
This afternoon when I got back from work, I saw tiny white snails creeping on the back of my tank, is that a baby snail? Were snails spawning that fast?

I got a clown fish to test if the aquarium is stable, but now I only found him swimming in the back, either with the heater or the filter, is that normal?

also, I saw my PH because brownish-diatoms like and my end of the filter that spurts water, should I clean them or let them be?

Any answer will be appreciated. Thank you

Ive read that they can choose to play with the filter or heater. I clean my PH's all the time. I use the water change water to rinse them off after a good scrubbing.

Hey Shane, thanks for input, however, I just sneaked out to check on them, while the lights are out and all of the inhabitants are more alive without the lights on. Does that mean my light was too bright, it's so weird... even my clown were swimming around and my crabs are out as well...

I quickly grab my camera and got this pic

img_933055_0_f6db35e7a075ce08ce96bd8e978281c0.jpg

Yeah it's both, it's automatic, just like the Current USA Nova Extreme Setting, only yours is 4 bulbs and mine is 2 bulbs. Do you think I should only have 1 on Shane?

mine has two white and two blue bulbs for a total of four bulbs. ugg the replacement costs hurt haha. My clowns seem ok with just the white light so i am sticking with that. how many switches do you have?

I only have 1 switch, that's why if I have to turn the actinic off, I have to open up the whole thing first... you have 2 switches?

ooohhh, yes i have two switches, i moved the bulbs around so one switch does white and one does blue. sorry about that, i thought we had the same light. but if you think the light is too bright you may have to disconnect the blue bulb. try doing the paper trick. hold a piece of paper over the area of one section of light. see if the clown moves to that area or acts differently in the shade.

Clowns swim while they sleep. Other fish will wedge between rocks. Your lighting is fine the way it is. A lot of crabs will come out at night as well. Wait a few months and you will really be surprised at all the night life that comes alive.

Oh alright, so that behavior is normal then, not because of the lights? That's a relief. Thanks Scott

Yep, clowns are clowns! I had one that hosted the top corner of my tank.

Yep, sounds normal.. give him time to settle in. They do enjoy light though.. at night time mine just hovers beneath the moon lights.

Thanks for the input guys, actually I kinda solved a little why Clooney doesn't want to swim around, my powerhead was too strong, I had Koralia 3, I took it down and now my Clooney is swimming normally around the tank... yay! I'm gonna replace it with Nano or Koralia 1, what do u guys think it's better?

img_933351_0_799c1d6f4cf24018d570ef1e3f0df62f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom