Snowflake and chainlink eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiboblacuillere

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering if i could put a chainlink eel with a snowflake in a 77gallons at the same time ? I already have the snowflake who is really docile in a other tank im cycling the 77 for now. For sure there will be a lot of rock since they love that and its nice looking. Is anyone tried to mix those two ? I read it is possible on internet but im looking for advice. For now my snowflake is more ore less 8-9inch so i would be ordering a chainlink of the same size so there will be no canibalism
Should i try another specie of eel instead ?
Thk !

There shouldn't be a problem housing the two species together but take into consideration that the chain eel grows to be 2'4" in size and can require a minimum tank size of 125g. A good reference site is liveaquaria.com. There information tends to be more accurate and leans towards the comfort of the fish. Good luck

Yep i saw it on liveaquaria but a snowflake is about the same size and they say 50g. On other site they say from 50 to 125. I have a 80gallons and at my lfs they think it would be ok for housing it. Do you think i would be ok ?

Should be ok for a while. Maybe think about upgrading in the future.

Back
Top Bottom