Snowflake Eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ByzantineWV

Aquarium Advice Regular
What kind of fish would the people recommend for tank mates for a snowflake Eel

Some type of trigger. Harlequin tusk. Puffer. Lionfish. Angler..

crister13 said:
I think this is for a 55g. So no triggers under 6' tank.

Almost every recommendation says triggers almost all of them can go in 70 gallon tanks fine! While i know bigger is better and triggers are active and aggressive i think the larger 4 ft tanks would be fine! I agree 6 would be better but i don't feel as though its required!

Here we go again. FTMMWS please come here. He's owned several trigger and I have one, they NEVER STOP SWIMMING. He swims more than my tang does. I think triggers need a 6' tank more than yellow tangs, easily. I've seen Niger triggers 12" long. Huma huma 8+", clown triggers 13+". I don't know how you would think that could go in a 75 gallon.

I agree with chris on this one. Triggers are large, active, agressive fish. If you toss one in a small tank like a 55 gallon not only will it not have enough room to swim, it will become very agressive to the other tank mates. Are you considering a puffer? Well i saw a trigger and a puffer in a 55 gallon tank the other day an the trigger harassed the puffer soo much this is what happened. Think it over :)

Attachments

• image-1100477031.jpg
    image-1100477031.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 145
Nu-Nu the eel said:
I agree with chris on this one. Triggers are large, active, agressive fish. If you toss one in a small tank like a 55 gallon not only will it not have enough room to swim, it will become very agressive to the other tank mates. Are you considering a puffer? Well i saw a trigger and a puffer in a 55 gallon tank the other day an the trigger harassed the puffer soo much this is what happened. Think it over :)

Not a 55 Def I'm saying a 70 or 90 but Def not a 55 I'm just saying i don't see a six got tank being required and I have a six foot tank so I'm not saying it because I'm trying to make excuses! However i agree fully you shouldn't put a puffer and trigger together i have read in many paves that this will rarely end well!

If you factor in everything......... Reasonably.... A 6' tank is required. Why would a 6' tank be required for tangs? Because they swim a lot and are a decent size. Triggers get bigger than alot of tangs, swim just as much, are very aggressive, are are messier eaters, so if you think about it that way, they need a 6' tank.

Back
Top Bottom