Snowflake eel and cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree. Snowflake moray eels naturally eat invertebrates and small fish. In captivity even cleaner invertebrates will be eaten by fish like eels, groupers, and hawkfish.

I have a snowflake and a coral banded shrimp I added together as juveniles with no effects as of yet its been two years ...could be living on borrowed time but so far so good

If you have a smart phone you can get coral magazine for free, I say this because they have an issue on morays. If you can get access to this page 47 of that issue is worth a read. It talks about morays with cleaners and it sounds like it is doable. It pretty much says to introduce the cleaner first for best success, if you can't do that don't introduce the shrimp at feeding time. The eel will accept the shrimp as a friend since it benefits from its cleaning services.

At the Zoo I seen shrimp and morays together. The eels don't mind because shrimp pick the parasites off them and clean them. So try it. I've read it in books too.

I read in a magazine that in captivity predatory fish are more likely to eat cleaner organisms so it's really a hit or miss.

Back
Top Bottom