Snowflake eel and cuc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dnd091303

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Anyone have any idea what in the way of cuc would be safe from predation from a snowflake eel. Have a few red leg hermits, but have witnessed eel going after them even after being well fed.

You could try urchins. I have a long spined urchin and nothing messes with him and he dose a decent job of cleaning. He is also super cool to watch

Ok. Might have to go another route then. Trying to get the Coraline to take off in my tank. Thanks for the idea though.

Keep in mind that you really don't need to have a CUC. I like little critters, but happen to like a lot of the fish/eels that eat them too.

I'm not sure how the are with big things like conches, trochus snails, etc. Anyone happen to know?

Keep in mind that you really don't need to have a CUC. I like little critters, but happen to like a lot of the fish/eels that eat them too. I'm not sure how the are with big things like conches, trochus snails, etc. Anyone happen to know?

+1

Most of the cleaning can be done yourself. For example, blowing detritus off of live rock before a water change, algae scraping, sifting your sand once a week.

I do love my inverts, but I do realize when the time comes for a larger reef or predatory fowlr they're probably gonna have to go. Also, they're a always algae eating fish, sand sifters, etc.

I'm thinking of getting a snowflake too and from searching on the Internet I'm under the impression snails, urchin and starfish are the safest routes but have not tried this yet

Back
Top Bottom