snowflake eel stressed and wont eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just got a snowflake eel 2 days ago, and he's awesome he's about 7-10 inches and their is plenty of rock work for him, he's made caves pretty much under every rock and i understand that these eels don't come out during the day, but this is my question i have 2 domino damsels in the tank right now (its a 45 gallon) and they keep going up to him thrashing their tails to his body and i am wondering if this is going to effect him i want him to be happy, and i understand its only been 2 days so he's not going to go after the food right away but do you think eventually he will venture out for it regardless of my damsels? and i am feeding them krill and mysis shrimp is this good food for my eel just cause i feel like the mysis shrimp is small i didnt know if it was big enough to interest him? or should i be trying something diff i appreciate the help guys!

well i have plenty of rock work for him to hide and everyone says the tank is big enough at my fish store, he is still a baby so i dont see a reason why he has to come out now but do u think the damsels will stress him out and keep him from eating for good?

Late...

I know this post is late... but i just joined.... Friendly advice is to dump the damsels, unless you plane to have an aggressive tank. Most LFS's will buy them back.

Back
Top Bottom