So

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jasoncwrd2002

Aquarium Advice Freak
So all my fish died awhile back. And had one lone cleaner shrimp that just died today. Been tryin to bring nitrates down but guess I wasn't fast enough. I have a lot of brown diatoms on my sand bed.

My question is where do I go from here. I have LR so I don't think it's feasible to drain water and start it over. So any suggestions.

Also of note. It's a 55g salt water with LR. JUST Did about 7g water change on it. While doing it I noticed I have green hair type algae growing on my skimmer box.

Alright, first thing first, we need a water test, if ypu don't have a test kit, then it's shopping time haha. There no need to drain, just takes a while to get thing straight. Take a new tooth brush an scrub your hair algae. Also, what's you equipment an how long has this tank been set up

Ok gonna try and cover it all here.

55g with sand substrate. Use RO water from machines at store. Have live rock and a sump. Also a useless seaclone protein skimmer. One power head mounted on left side of tank. Diatom out break is on right side of tank. Currently no fish but a few snails left out of the 20 or so I had in it I think.

Have a test kit but since I just did water Change should I wait till tomorrow to test or would doing it now still be accurate.

On another note read to get rid of green hair algae to use a new tooth brush. Good or bad idea?

Oh an had to go back thru old post and look but I added water and sand on march 19th then LR Couple weeks later I think.

I use a new tooth brush to scrub algae off my rocks, ect. No problems here. I would wait until tommrrow to test also. Since the outbreak is on the other side of the tank, mabye adding a new new power head would help. All long has it set empty an do you know the cause of death if the other fish?

Fish died in June. Was gone a lot at time in the field and wife was back on mainland. I live in hawaii (military) then had Leave so was waiting till after that. So since June only 1 cleaner shrimp and handful of snails. And shrimp died last night/ today.

Alright, I would test the water tommrrow, then let the tank in empty for about a week. Afterwards buy a few of the cheeper fish to give it a test run and start trying to build up your clean up crew.

Are country thanks you for your sacrifice and I think it's awesome that you support and fight for are rights so thank you :)

Fish died in June. Was gone a lot at time in the field and wife was back on mainland. I live in hawaii (military) then had Leave so was waiting till after that. So since June only 1 cleaner shrimp and handful of snails. And shrimp died last night/ today.

Thank you for your service to our country. :) <3

Man oh man glad I didn't goto beach today. Sitting here watching TV And wife was like you smell smoothing burning. Water had gotten onto power strip and shorted it out. Was melting to the wood

Man oh man glad I didn't goto beach today. Sitting here watching TV And wife was like you smell smoothing burning. Water had gotten onto power strip and shorted it out. Was melting to the wood

Man, I'm glad you caught that ,that could have been worse

And ok jus tested fianlly. Results are as follows.

PH 7.8 or 8.0. Me and wife disagree lol.
Ammonia- 0
Nitrite- 0
Nitrate between 0 and 5 ( which I think it's dropped a lot since last test.

Should I try fish again?

Oh and on another note as I was cleaning the crap out of the tank today I decided to completely remove my seaclone skimmer being as it has not collected anything but green algae on the water return since I got it. Is a skimmer a must have?

You

Don't have to have a skimmer, many people don't even run filters on there SW. I think your about ready to try fish agian with those readings

Back
Top Bottom