So, What was your first SW fish ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deadtrek

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone , I am in the process of setting up my first SW tank , and I am curious, When all was said and done :

What was the first Salt Water fish you ever bought?

My answer to be supplied in 3-4 weeks :)

I still have my first fish. He`s almost 11 yrs old in a few months. He`s a trooper. It`s my tomato clown.

100_1013.JPG

Either a Centropyge bispinosa, Coral beauty or Abudefduf saxatilis, Sergeant major damsel. I can't remember which was first, but I don't recommend Sergeant majors to unwary aquarists (aggressive) :)

Clown trigger was my first, tough as nails and great entertainment for all. Had him for 6 years,last November got another my six year old son sure likes to tease him across the glass, the trigger just wants to get Andys fingers just for a sec.LOL

my first was my fav fish in the store, a baby striped damsel fish, i hear some people only use them to cycle the tank but i like my little buddy, he was just a bit larger then my thumb nail when i got him, and right after words i had leg surgery so him and i got allot of time to get to know one another, he spent everyday and all day bent in half shoving himself in the back corner of my tank behind the heater. i could only lure him out for a few seconds to eat flake food off of the water surface.

after a few weeks he started to swim out when i placed the heater in new spots but eventually went back to heater hiding, now he's gotten really big, 9 or so months now, he stays out all over the tank now, but sometimes when i first see him he will hide in the rock work and peek out, there is a rock i have where i made a flat tunnel, he used to be able to swim through it but he's so big now that now he has to turn on his side to swim through it.

another first addition i had was an emerald crab, i dont know what happend to it, but my second emerald crab is still around, if you ever get an emerald get a big one about quarter size, they have a better chance and just feed it sea weed.

on thing i have noticed is fish do have personalities, and if you watch their behavior you will see how they use their brain and character more then just basic life.

My first SW fish was a Maroon Yellow striped clown...still have him.
He's a cool fish. one of my favorites. Also...I believe I got a firefish at the same time. He's since gone on to that big fish tank in the sky...

Interesting how many people started with clowns! I'm relatively new to SW and bought an established tank in September that came with three clowns and a chromis. I no longer have any of them (long story) and my first fish since learning the value of quarantining all new additions(!!) is a canary wrasse aka yellow coris. I have to say that this is my favorite fish in the whole world. He's intensely bright yellow, and every night around 9 pm he dives under the sand and sleeps until around 8 am. Yes, that's 11 hours - I'm totally jealous! The first time I saw it I thought I'd imagined it, but now it's every night like clockwork. He has a ton of personality, highly recommended! Good luck with your selection.

1 X Yellow Tale Damsel (NOT TO CYCLE WITH)
I cycled with a jumbo shrimp as per rocka's instructions..

I just really liked him and he was pretty cheap. I still have him and he doesnt pick on anything. I change the tank up majorly when I add stuff tho..

My first fish was a False Percula Clownfish, still have him, and he has lots of character, just like his name, being a clown :)

The first fish i ever purchased was a red volitan lion fish, the first fish i ever kept in a tank was a small sheapshead minnow.

B/W Oce Clown - Named him "Coletrane" Have had him for almost 1 year now. He is the best. Wouldn't trade him for anything in my tank.

He doesn't take crap off of my yellow tang or my flame angel. He is the Boss in my tank.

It is fun watching fish working out their pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom