Sohal tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They get huge and mean and unless you have a tank well over 200g you shouldn't even think about getting one.

I am toying with the idea of getting a 139 gallon upgrade soon, i read on a site that minimum tank size is 100gallons.

I didn't realise they got huge, plus it's so expensive (but worth it IMO!) if you say 200 gallons then I shall steer clear! They have one in my lfs, been there for ages, I watch it for like 15 mins everytime!

Is there a similar tang/surgeon you could suggest that would be more suitable

I suppose that is the problem with the Internet, information can be misleading! Don't worry I won't be buying one!

Also another question i have is that when I upgrade to this bigger tank, is it possible to have two different angels in together?

I know this always comes up with tangs,,but in this case ,this one definitely needs a huge tank,,I think an 8 footer is a must ...JMHO..

I suppose that is the problem with the Internet, information can be misleading! Don't worry I won't be buying one!

Also another question i have is that when I upgrade to this bigger tank, is it possible to have two different angels in together?

Hmm,,i too have thought of the idea...but to me its not worth it ..I know you have a koran,and they are very territorial ..i guess its up to you,,i can see introducing them at the same time in the upgrade working ,,but for how long,,for me,i wouldn't risk it.

Yes our Koran is VERY territorial!! Lol I thought an emporer and a Koran juvenile would look amazing together but you are right, how long would that last as they look similar!

I looked at the tang list ccCapt and I actually quite like the look of the powder brown tang, it's different, never seen one in my LFS and it says min tank 125 which is good

Yes a koran and emp would look amazing ,,but both are in the pomacanthus family and probably wouldn't work well even in a 500 gallon..I don't like busting peoples bubbles but 2 large angels in almost any size tank(as far as home aquariums) won't work long term IMO..
A koran and powder blue is a nice combo,,just stick with one angel and have a happy tank...

I totally agree, and you are certainly not bursting anyone's bubbles, that is what the forum is for, advice!

I see videos on YouTube of people having tanks smothered with angels and tangs and I think how is this possible and I'm sure it won't last!

I like the powder blue but I think the powder brown is more unusual!

I totally agree, and you are certainly not bursting anyone's bubbles, that is what the forum is for, advice!

I see videos on YouTube of people having tanks smothered with angels and tangs and I think how is this possible and I'm sure it won't last!

I like the powder blue but I think the powder brown is more unusual!

Oh yeah,,like this idiot :nono:,,its a shame really:(....Wonder how this guys tank will look in a year from now..My guess is empty
It doesn't even look nice IMO,,look at the fish just bumping and jostling around ... Notice the regal with severe HLLE already developing ,,,usually a sign of poor conditions ,,,,Gee NK

I my gosh!! That is pretty outrageous! Think of the money he has spent too! And is that a sweetlips in there?!? They get massive!!

yeah its a sweetlips,,,this guy is just an uneducated fish keeper who must have money to spare..It's too bad these fish have to be kept like this

I have a Naso and Powder Blue in a 180g and they are doing fine. Have also had luck with a dwarf angel and large angel (flame and an emperor) until the Volitan stung my Emperor. Wouldn't think of two large angels in the same tank though.

Back
Top Bottom