Some convincing to do...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need some good talking points to convince my fiancée we "need" a bigger tank. Any suggestions greatly appreciated :cool:

There really isn't a good reason for an aquarium besides they are beautiful and a great hobby.

Bigger is better. More room for error, more fish, more corals more everything!! Go big or go home! (coming from a guy who has a 8gallon and a 29gallon)

:)

I will now pass on the lesson that my mother taught me (she seriously tells me this all the time). Shiny bobbles make everything better. A nice necklace, earrings, or ring will make your tank much larger with much less effort.

Sniperhank said:
I will now pass on the lesson that my mother taught me (she seriously tells me this all the time). Shiny bobbles make everything better. A nice necklace, earrings, or ring will make your tank much larger with much less effort.

Hahaha! I already got her a ring. A custom built, exact one she wanted. I wish I was into salt water tanks when I gave it to her :cool:

And if none of that works tell Her your doing your part to save the reefs by adding more room to propogate your own corals ;)

Keithhjs said:
Maybe you need to barter.....bigger tank for bigger shoe rack

+1 yup thats how i work it but i tell her to go buy stuff then i buy what i want and when she says somthing i turn it back on her ..its like reverse female psychology... better learn fast my man.

My parets didnt want a bigger tank...but then they saw the RedSea tanks and had no problem with them. They blend in-look like furniture

This is actually very interesting.
You guys have gotten it down to a science on how to get what you want. *applause*

+1 Dept. 56 for my wife. :whistle:

I would mention all the cooler looking fish and corals you could have in a larger tank, and how the larger water volume will cut down on your maintenance schedule so you can spend a little less time working on the tank and more time enjoying it with her. I guess I was lucky, I found a good deal on a bigger tank, mentioned the idea to my boyfriend and he got almost as excited about it as I was. He likes my tanks. Also, a nice gift can always help!

Alyxx said:
I would mention all the cooler looking fish and corals you could have in a larger tank, and how the larger water volume will cut down on your maintenance schedule so you can spend a little less time working on the tank and more time enjoying it with her. I guess I was lucky, I found a good deal on a bigger tank, mentioned the idea to my boyfriend and he got almost as excited about it as I was. He likes my tanks. Also, a nice gift can always help!

Duh! Hes a male..hes just lucky you like them. Lol

Find a great deal she cant pass on. Also find a fish you think she would love then say you will get it for her...but you will need a bigger tank ;)

lovefishys said:
Find a great deal she cant pass on. Also find a fish you think she would love then say you will get it for her...but you will need a bigger tank ;)

Haha 10 points!

Tell her this: " I want a bigger tank so we can work on it and spend more time together"...that's how I got sucked into a mountain bike. It worked. I hate mountain bikes...LOL!

Back
Top Bottom