Some more sump help 8-/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, 75 gallon FOWLR, hopeful to be corals in there soon, but I want to get a sump figured out. I need some ideas for a build, as I would like to make my own so I can customize it to my liking.

First what size... Would a 20 long do, or should I do a 30 if it will fit?

Second, what are some good plans in terms of sectioning off.. For example, what should I run? A fuge, live rock and sand, etc... I plan on buying an in sump skimmer

Third, how do I figure out the max and min levels... Anybody have any good links that are chock full of sump info??

Any help is appreciated even 2 cents :cool:

Check out my 75 gallon reef build in my signature. I have the design and even a video of it. I was able to fit a 40 gallon under my 75. Also, the level in the sump is controlled by the height of your baffles. Usually you adjust the height of the baffles according to the depth of the water that is recommended for your skimmer. I also left enough room in the sump so that in the event of a power outage, it would handle the amount that drained from the display tank.

Back
Top Bottom