Some questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It removes everything. Chlorine, heavy metals, nitrates, phosphates, everything bad for your tank is gone. 99.9% pure water. Everything your fish, inverts, and corals need is then replaced by your salt mix. I didn't use one when I started my tank as I wasn't familiar with its benefits. Trust me you want one, saves alot of headaches.

I also started my first sw tank with tap water and it wasnt pretty. lol It took months of water changes to undo the damage caused by the tap water. Phosphates can leech into the rock making it even harder to get out.

The ro/di water is just one of those things that can make keeping a SW tank alot easier and more pleasant. Just gets rid of everything that is and could be bad for your tank. Most fish stores sell it by the gallon, usually about 50 cents or so. I also was using a water machine outside of my supermarket that was 30 cents a gallon until I got my ro/di unit.

No, but you will need to put an ammonia source in like fish food or you can find some pure ammonia. Oops wrote that and realized there were more pages, stupid.

HI. I'm totally Newbie -both here and as a aquarist- and any help would be greatly appreciated :) I have a 300litr saltwater aquarium with live rocks and here are fishes I have: a Maroon clown & also a tomato, a blue tang and one white cheek surgeon, a longnose butterfly & - yeah, I'm aware of my confidence! :D - a spotted sweetlips, too. so as a friend advised me, I use frozen Artemia & Tetra granules for feeding them. they eat fairly well except the butterfly which prefers searching on the rocks & the sweetlips which also mostly likes to taste the sands and rocks!

so here's my question. is there any thing else I should do to feed them? and how often should I do that? Overall is there any special considerations? thank you in advance.

I wish I could tell u man but I'm newbie as well. All I can say is this is so rewarding plus often frustrating at the same time. Good luck with it and I'm in the process of adding live rock, hopefully that will help with filtration

Oh it will. As i experienced, After adding live rocks the water becomes obviously more clear and the level of nitrate, nitrite and other factors will be more steady. Good luck for you, too!:)

Back
Top Bottom