Something growing on my LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

borlaracing9

Aquarium Advice Regular
I started to notice this orangish reddish color stuff growing on the top of my LR and not sure if its bad or not.:confused: I have had the lights on my tank on for the last 15 or so hours so maybe its just algae but i took a few pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 75
  • photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 71
  • photo(7).jpg
    photo(7).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 66
Diatoms are a pretty normal stage a tank goes through when first starting it up. I'm assuming this is a new tank?

The 15 hour light cycle isn't helping matters, though. 10-12 hours is all you need, depending on what type of lighting you have. 15 hours is asking for algae problems down the road.

Diatoms are a pretty normal stage a tank goes through when first starting it up. I'm assuming this is a new tank?

The 15 hour light cycle isn't helping matters, though. 10-12 hours is all you need, depending on what type of lighting you have. 15 hours is asking for algae problems down the road.

yep its a fairly new tank about 2 1/2 months or so. I left the lights off for the last 24 hours and did about a 20% water change and about 40% of it already cleared off my rocks so its looking better.

Back
Top Bottom