Splitting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Attached is a pic of our leather, it's developed a hole in the middle of it, I'm hoping it's not serious, hoping someone can tell me either to not worry about it, or what to do, hate to lose it, it's kind of the trademark of our tank.

Thanks,

Kaurene

Attachments

• hole_117.jpg
    hole_117.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 99
I sure hope I am wrong Kaurene, but my huge toadstool did that and over the space of 6 months, the hole kept getting larger and larger until it died. I have read several articles on this and no one seems to know why it happens, but it is not that uncommon.

good luck with it and I hope I am wrong :(

I tried fragging to save mine, it didnt work, but I may have waited too long.

Use a turkey baster and gentley spray some water at the area. It might be necrosing from the inside out. I have had this happen as well but as Hara suggested if caught in time can be salvaged.

Cheers
Steve

Ok, cool, I did the turkey baster last night, and it starting moving around and looked like it was going to shed, it didn't and stayed retracted last night. This morning it looks good but there is still a hole, we've been lucky before long time ago we had a small hole but it then repaired itself, we are hoping it does the same this time as we are going on vacation soon for a week and afraid of what we may come home to, we are having huge problems with our bubble which we originally thought was caused by the charcoal, turns out it's a lot more serious and afraid we are going to have to get rid of it, I'll be posting a pic of that but I'm sure I'll know the answer to what to do with it :(

Thanks!

Keep clearing away any debris or necrosis as often as possible. Also be sure you do a few good sized water changes to lower any possible DOC. If there is a problem and it's still at the early stages, it may abate on it's own. Be very watchful it does not progess rapidly or fragging will be the next option.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom