Spotted Groupers "sitting" on the rocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScotJ

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got two baby spotted groupers (I know they loose there color later, but they are gorgeous right now!)

I've noticed they've been just sitting on the rocks from time to time. Is this normal for groupers? They swim around lots, but sometimes I just see them chilling on the rocks.

All levels in the tank are in line with where they should be. They are eating, and seam healthy other than this.

Thanks!

thats what groupers do.

When we fish for them either off baja or at the keys(jewfish) we are constantly marking them on the rocks and horsing them off the bottom.

As they get larger, any fish (or inverts I belive) that will fit in their mouth will become a meal. You sure you wanna keep these??? They're sitting on the rocks now developing their planning, "oh man, when I get bigger, I'm gonna eat you, and you, and you too over there..." :)

They get huge, their mouths are that of a yellow AKA flathead catfish, their mouths are the diameter of the largest part of their body.

On a side note, grouper does taste very good.

Back
Top Bottom