Star Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonniewoodruff

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I had 2 serpent starfish in a 98 gallon cube tank. Today I noticed that there are 3 of them. Do they reproduce in captivity? How many serpent starfish can I have in a 98 gallon tank? I have a 30" snowflake eel and a niger trigger that are both messy eaters, but 3 seems a bit much. What do I do? They are all the same size. Does anyone know if they come from eggs? I just don't know much about them, except that they eat what the eel does not manage to get down.
:confused:

So I had 2 serpent starfish in a 98 gallon cube tank. Today I noticed that there are 3 of them. Do they reproduce in captivity? How many serpent starfish can I have in a 98 gallon tank? I have a 30" snowflake eel and a niger trigger that are both messy eaters, but 3 seems a bit much. What do I do? They are all the same size. Does anyone know if they come from eggs? I just don't know much about them, except that they eat what the eel does not manage to get down.
:confused:

http://www.madreporite.com/science/reproduction.htm

Starfish are free spawners, releasing thousands of gametes in the water. I doubt you can have too many.

Back
Top Bottom