Starfish search!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarius75

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello my aquatic friends!!! I am on the hunt for a starfish that will do well in my tank, to refresh it is a

30 gallon, with live rock

2 clowns
2 green/blue chromis
4 hermit crabs
1 astrias snail
2 turbo snails ( smaller ones)
1 emerald crab ( bad boy)
6 big nassarius snails
and upteen tiny snails all over..... :)

There is also live grass/weeds, just can not remember the name of them off hand.
Tank has been up n running about three months now, I have intentions of letting it establish longer, but in the mean time I would like to study up on the starfish, I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for acceptable starsfish. I was told the Blue or Red would be ok, I would prefer something that will stay out for a while if possible, Thank you have a great day.

About the only thing I would think about trying is maybe a CC star . You cant have any corals or anenomes with them as they are not reef safe. Even though I have a few linknias they are rated as difficult and need a very much mature tank. I would say a couple yrs old would be sufficient. Mine was 6 yrs old when I added my blue.

Hi thank you, I am thinking cc means choc chip starfish? I was told this one would eat the invertibrates in my tank. Has anyone had this issue with them?

Agreed....CC Star would be the easiest to get for your tank....just remember NO corals unless you are gonna feed them to your star!! LOL

Hi, Thank you, I have no plans for corals, though I did think about adding a mushroom or two, something to give my tank more diverse life. I am only running a fish n LR for now. I will keep looking into the care n needs of this cc starfish, so that I can be prepared n ready to take one on.

Any other suggestions that will add more life, besides what I already have going on?

Back
Top Bottom