Stars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaineSalt

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have three tiny star shaped things on my glass and they move REALLY slow. They have 5 legs. I'm trying to get a picture but it isn't working. They are to small. Any ideas?

Here's one picture but its not very good

Attachments

• image-1566420544.jpg
    image-1566420544.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 77
I have three tiny star shaped things on my glass and they move REALLY slow. They have 5 legs. I'm trying to get a picture but it isn't working. They are to small. Any ideas?

They *could be* Asterina but the things you post a pic of look translucent, I don't believe Asterina are. Could they possibly just be sessile & be sponges?

They look like tiny starfish and now and then I see one move. I've found 5 of them so far and they are all in the same spot. Wonder if I should try to catch one and take it over to work and look at it under the microscope.

Looks very interesting. if I was you I would take one to work to look at it with the microscope.

See how the rock is in focus but not the animals on the glass? Try backing up a bit, then take the pic again. Or if it's a smartphone, tap on the area of the screen that the "starfish" are in & see if it focuses better.

Ya I tried again but my camera sucks....this one is ok

Attachments

• image-2581447804.jpg
    image-2581447804.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 72
there Asterina stars
they will multiply fast some will eat corals
some say there safe but tell that to my corals

img_2560411_0_33e685a616560fe8e7f8b4fdb03774c8.jpg

On the link the first picture does look like it. I just noticed my two Dottybacks are eating them.

Back
Top Bottom