Starting New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquadogg

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 90 gallon Saltwater aquarium with 25 gallon sump pump with protein skimmer, some live rock and corse sand. Wanted to know from you all some peaceful pretty fish to add to the tank?

Aquadogg said:
I have a 90 gallon Saltwater aquarium with 25 gallon sump pump with protein skimmer, some live rock and corse sand. Wanted to know from you all some peaceful pretty fish to add to the tank?

Is it already cycled ?

(given its cycled) I would stock something like a bristletooth tang, some dartfish and gobies, a wrasse, butterfly fish, and once established a pair of red mandarins

Kio707 said:
Fox face lo, clowns, lemon peel tang, hawkfish, and mandarin.

A pair of designer clowns hosting a xxlrg carpet anemone as a centerpiece would look amazing :)

Wow! Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions. The tank has been up only about a week. How long should I wait to place fish in it? ;-)

Aquadogg said:
Wow! Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions. The tank has been up only about a week. How long should I wait to place fish in it? ;-)

Do you have a test kit? Need to wait till ur cycle is done.

Yes I have a test kit. Generally, how long is the cycle?

Aquadogg said:
Yes I have a test kit. Generally, how long is the cycle?

Between 4-6 weeks. Just want ur ammonia and nitrites at 0ppm... What did you use to start ur cycle?

Was there any particular items to add to hep with this cycling process? In addition to my PS, sump etc I have a Aqua Clear 110. But I was told I don't need it. Is that true?

Back
Top Bottom