Starting over?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abedawg83

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been in both saltwater and freshwater for a little over a year now, and now I don't know what to do. Every fish in my 55 gallon saltwater died within 4 days first my lemon peel angel, then my watchman gobby, then my yellow tang, and lastly my pair of 1yr old clowns. All I have left is two emerald crabs and a cleaner shrimp. Should I just give up on saltwater and transform my 55g to a freshwater? It was very hard to see my fish die especially my clowns who started this hobby with me, what do you guys think?

It's your choice. I would keep the saltwater if I were you, but if you want a FW, go ahead. Have you been testing your parameters?

Yea I have a 29g freshwater and well yea both my tanks parameters are fine. I just think that my saltwater fish caught a illness, everything is at 0 and plus my emerald crabs and shrimp would have died too. Its just a demotivator when something like this happens and there is no visible explanation.

i felt the same way too... i had a few fish die on me. one reason why i don't buy the expensive fish just yet. my blue tang died after 3 weeks because of ick. .. i'm only sticking to damsels, chromis and clowns for now. ... what kinda of filtration system do you have? ...

Back
Top Bottom