stock list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edmonton Eskimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am going to be setting up a 120 gal fowlr and am wondering what fish to get. I have a small powder blue tang now and am basically upgrading for him. He has a tank now so I can add him at anytime. The fish I am looking at are butterfly,lion,trigger,pygmy angel,australian tusk and possibly another tang. What combination of these fish would work with my pbt? Also what would be the best order to introduce these?TIA

If you want inverts I would leave out the tusk and the trigger. I would be careful with another tang if you already have one, the newcomer may be killed. If you are getting another tang, make sure it is bigger, different color and shape than your PB, maybe a Zebrasoma. Even then you may have trouble.
Other than that it sounds pretty good IMO.

I was going to put the other tang in first then introduce the pb. I was thinking a yellow. This is a list I came up with yellow tang,a butterfly of somekind,dwarf angel,snowflake moray and a humu triggerfish. Would this work if I introduced them properly(oh yah and my powder blue)

I say thats a pretty good list. With the Triggerfish and Snowflake moray you would not be able to have any inverts. I doubt that the tangs will fight. Do you have a file on Canreef.com? I just saw your name there too.

Matt

I was thinking a yellow
That would be your best bet (Zebrasoma) but never bet on tangs not fighting 50/50.
With the trigger and eel leave out invert, they will be history.
Sounds like a cool aggressive tank. :)

W/a new tank frankly, I might consider a smaller (than the pbt) yellow first. Let him "test the waters" so to speak to maybe ensure your pbt better success. Otherwise, like the Qshark says, the yellow have to be bigger.

Then again, I got rid of my yellow. Too agressive for my peaceful neighborhood. Of course, not all of'm are I'd guess, but my yellow was.

Back
Top Bottom