Stock opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aajvell93

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a FOWLR 30g tank. I just got rid of my Niger trigger leaving my yellow tang. My landlord will not allow anything bigger. What are some fish that would do good in this small of a tank? I am looking for something I have never owned before so here are what I have had:
Damsels
Blue regal tang
Niger trigger
Yellow tang
Bi color angel
Clowns
Chromis
Flame angel

Check out the Liveaquaria website. They have Oregon good info on tank limits for fish, and you can get a pretty good idea as to what you can have in your tank.

Check out the Liveaquaria website. They have Oregon good info on tank limits for fish, and you can get a pretty good idea as to what you can have in your tank.

I will check that out. I am just asking on opinions of what other people think are cool to have.

Good job letting the Niger go, was for the best. I like my purple firefish, he is shy but active and colourful ;)

Attachments

• image-2141476439.jpg
    image-2141476439.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 81
Looking at liveaquaria is a great idea. Pay attention to the minimum tank requirements. Certain fish need certain amounts of space. Having them in less will cause stress and stress is behind most saltwater problems.

No Tangs (the one you have will likely have issues and not live long), no Angels, no Triggers and there are several others that will not work in a tank that size. Choose wisely and you should end up with a happy, healthy tank.

I currently have a FOWLR 30g tank. I just got rid of my Niger trigger leaving my yellow tang. My landlord will not allow anything bigger. What are some fish that would do good in this small of a tank? I am looking for something I have never owned before so here are what I have had:
Damsels
Blue regal tang
Niger trigger
Yellow tang
Bi color angel
Clowns
Chromis
Flame angel

I suggest a dwarf angel of another kind. Perhaps a lemon peel angel? Or a coral beauty angel? They're both pretty sexy.
A Toby puffer would do well, various Cardinals, Small "reef safe" Wrasse, like a flasher wrasse of some sort? The possibilities are endless, that's just my two cents, bro. Also I agree with the others, liveaquaria is a good source of fish to those in the states. Unfortunately I live in Australia, so oh well :p Good Luck Man

I suggest a dwarf angel of another kind. Perhaps a lemon peel angel? Or a coral beauty angel? They're both pretty sexy. A Toby puffer would do well, various Cardinals, Small "reef safe" Wrasse, like a flasher wrasse of some sort? The possibilities are endless, that's just my two cents, bro. Also I agree with the others, liveaquaria is a good source of fish to those in the states. Unfortunately I live in Australia, so oh well :p Good Luck Man
Lemon peel angels are pretty.

Again...be sure to look at suggested tank sizes... Dwarf angels need 75g...a Valentini puffer might work....cardinals are okay....For wrasses, 6 line or possum are the only two I can think of for a 30g, most others start in the 50-75g range and up.

Again...be sure to look at suggested tank sizes... Dwarf angels need 75g...a Valentini puffer might work....cardinals are okay....For wrasses, 6 line or possum are the only two I can think of for a 30g, most others start in the 50-75g range and up.

Sorry bro, just realised they changed the previous tank size req. My mistake.

Back
Top Bottom