Stock suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flipper0512

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
90 gallon tank. Salinity is good temps are good. Just added 80 lbs of live sand. 40 lbs of cured live rock and 40 lbs base rock. Tanks very cloudy now and hopefully will clear in the next day. We will be getting a few small clowns to help get things going but looking for suggestions on the one main center price fish to work tank mates around. I'm a fan of large angels and triggers but I know they can get large but if I get small how long would I have ? I'm think maybe foxface?

We have keep chiclids for many years but first venture in salt. I'd love some thoughts on stocking suggestion. Mainly that one must have fish.

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The foxface is a good idea for a centrepiece fish. Just makes sure you are cycling the tank properly before adding any livestock ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would not add clowns until you are sure there's no ammonia spike from the rock. Chances are their will be. To answer your question, maybe a year or so before your tank will be a bit tight for the fish. Maybe a Foxface rabbit, an Atlantic Blue Tang or Purple Tang, and a Flame Angel? Then perhaps a sand/rock dweller like some sort of goby or Blenny. Your not keeping corals right? Just fish? Will you have inverts?

Back
Top Bottom