Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tate

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Close to being able to put fish in our 90 gallon tank. I was thinking of putting in a damsel at first then maybe a clown after that. What are some other good fish to have?

Damsels can become aggressive, so be aware that many people regret the decision to add them and end up trying to get them out later. Chromis are similar, but tend to not be as aggressive.

For others, that is really a personal choice. Places like liveaquaria show lots of fish and give good suggested tank sizes. A 90g has some limitations, but still allows a lot of great fish.

The only good fish to add are ones that are appropriate for the tank size and ones that YOU like. Take a look at liveaquaria.com and see what you like. :)

If it is a reef, some good gobies would be cool. maybe an anthias. Or you could add no coral or Cuc and lionfish or some angels. but lionfish nuke tanks when they die. There are mnay choices. As said before, twice, go look at live aquaria. Choose your 90 gallon minimum when you search and decide off of that.

Yea I had a two stripe damsel from when it was tiny. He got huge and I ended up having to sell him to a pet store because he attacked any new fish literally to death. So damsels should be the last fish added

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha thanks for the heads up

Sent from my XT1058 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thinking of one chromis at first if it survives then get two more a shrimp and starfish then later get a coral beauty

No just fowlr tank

Great! Just remember starfish have a difficult time acclimating. so if you do not do the drip acclimation, they will have a low survival rate. Some Stars (like Brittle) Hate air So gThey must Not be exposed to it Under Any Circumstance. Other Stars Like The Red Knobbed grow up eating other stars and inverts. those are The not reef safe ones. Other Than invert Danger And acclimating. They Are a Beauty! What Type Of Shrimp :3!

Great! Just remember starfish have a difficult time acclimating. so if you do not do the drip acclimation, they will have a low survival rate. Some Stars (like Brittle) Hate air So gThey must Not be exposed to it Under Any Circumstance. Other Stars Like The Red Knobbed grow up eating other stars and inverts. those are The not reef safe ones. Other Than invert Danger And acclimating. They Are a Beauty! What Type Of Shrimp :3!

Brittle and serpent stars don't care about air it is the linckias and fromia a you have to very slowly acclimate and not introduce them to air during acclimation. IMO get a chocolate chip if you're doing a fowlr. Super hardy and eat anything. The linckias and fromias are very difficult.

Probably a cleaner shrimp

Oh and we were just at out LFS and saw this cool starfish and turns out that's the chocolate chip starfish!! Awesome probably going to get it

The description on live aquaria says it can get up to 15 inches in diameter is it okay to be in a 90 gallon tank

The description on live aquaria says it can get up to 15 inches in diameter is it okay to be in a 90 gallon tank

Yeah you should be fine. I've never seen one that huge. I'd bet they grow insanely slow.

Haha okay

I've also had a chocolate chip for I think around 5 years. He's pretty big now way bigger than the ones you see in stores but he's not that big yet. I've got a pic of him eating this little baby starfish in one of my albums. Make sure you stay away from any hermit crabs besides dwarfs and harlequin shrimp. They eat starfish.

Hermit crabs do not eat starfish. lol Harlequin shrimp Do though, thats all they eat.

I have a red knobby star in my 90g fowlr and have had him for over two years with no incident. A great starfish that is easy to keep and feed are brittle stars. I always have one in one tank or another. And the bonus is they are cheap too. You can feed them meaty food with tongs or even by hand, they are pretty awesome.

Hermit crabs do not eat starfish. lol Harlequin shrimp Do though, thats all they eat.
Yes the larger hermit crabs do eat starfish and snails. Dwarf hermits do not. Look it up. I had a hermit destroy the first choc chip I had and no it was not because the starfish died first because he had been in there a year perfectly fine then I put a hermit crab in there and the next day I find him eating the starfish.

Back
Top Bottom