Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-26-2011, 07:48 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Stocking 75g FOWLR

I've had my tank up and running for 2 years. Had fish come and go and always bought on impulse. Never researched. Some fish stay for a while some don’t. Lost interest and now Im left with just a super aggressive pseudochromis, aka "the Devil". I want to restock my tank with bigger fish and more fish. I do not mind if the devil becomes lunch or dinner.....

My thoughts are as follows:

Lion fish (pterois antennata)
Wrasse (6 line)
Trigger (niger or picaso)

I do not think I can have a clean up crew with the above, which is fine but what can I get to clean things up.

BTW, I have about 80 - 90lbs of Live rock. 80lbs of sand, wasn't alive when I put it in 2 years ago but probably is alive now. Levels are all good
(NH4 = 0, NO2 = 0, PH 7.7, Salinity 1.025) except NO3 (currently 20ppm). I did a 15g water change last week and plan to do another this week.

Any thoughts or comment would be greatly appreciated.

fcastrofilippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
well, all of the fish except for the 6 line will outgrow the tank. i don't think the puffer will swallow the pseudo. the lionfish will swallow him if he gets the chance though. are you considering all of those fish, or are they just possibles? if it's all of them, i think that will quickly be too many.
i would go with a dwarf lion. possibly a fu-man-chu, or a fuzzy.
i would also love to have an angler if i was doing a fish only. a wartskin angler is an awesome creature. the same goes for rhinopias. they don't require much space and are very interesting.

you'll need to clean the tank yourself. i would have decent flow in it and a nice HOB skimmer wouldn't hurt either.
mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote

75g, fowlr, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com