Stocking advice-90gal FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scoles_b

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys! So I have given A LOT of thought to stocking since I bought my tank on a whim, :whistle: back in January or February.

Specs:
90 gal DT
6'' DSB
ROUGHLY 70 pounds of rock so far.. plan on adding at least 40# more
~as far as stock SO FAR,
-2 ocellaris clowns
-a couple VERY generous handfuls of snails, (mini ceriths, nassarius, FL cerith)
-one blue legged hermit.

40 gal SUMP:
Reef Octopus 4 Skimmer
chaeto in refugium
maybe 5 pounds of rubble

Water parameters as of now are:
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10 (I have been doing water changes to bring this down, ordering a RO/DI unit next week because buying it at the store is too much work & money lol)

SO... to the point.

There are just 3 more fish I want to add to my tank, but I fear because 2 can reach 7" I will be overstocking, really quickly.

-Kole Yellow Eye Tang (Ctenochaetus strigosus)
-One Spot Foxface (Siganus unimaculatus)
-Coral Beauty (Centropyge bispinosa)

I do not plan on keeping any corals, just FOWLR. Also, plan on seeing if I can find someone to take some of these snails because they are such an eyesore :ermm:... I ordered a CUC from reefcleaners.org for a 40 gal tank and man they are EVERYWHERE!!!! Way too many snails for me.

Any advice on this/alternative stock ideas/order of stock? Sorry for the speel guys, I figure I'd try to answer as many questions as I can as I'm going to bed and will be working all day tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!!!! Not many salty fans where I live, so you guys are a lifesaver!!

i think you are fine with those fish i would add the foxface first then the coral beauty then the kole tang and make sure you get algae sheets because those tangs demolish algae hope this helps and good luck

Thanks guys!!!! Luckily I have many seaweed sheets I use for my cichlids as well :) this is my first *big*(to me anyways) fish tank and it is also my first salt tank. Glad to hear I won't be overstocked!!!

Would I be at my limit with this or should I research a few more smaller fish? I feel like that would be too much.

I'm so apprehensive about buying anything yet because I don't want to screw things up!

The clowns have been in there for about 5 weeks.. I think they need some new friends ;) my lfs hasn't had any kole tangs in so I may order online, seems so risky though.

Sorry for the rant. Just don't want to make any more mistakes than I need to. Thanks again!!

Also, I really really really would love to have a mandarin later on down the road. I realize I'd have to wait for pod populations and such, but man they are some awesome looking fish!!

I have just bought an 80 gallon and plan on doing the foxface and or kole once set up. I'd maybe cosider a schooling fish like some cardinals or something too and personally love puffers too!

Back
Top Bottom