Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-17-2007, 01:40 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
stocking for a new 30 gal upright

a guy my dad knows is giving me his old 30 sw tank it was custom made some where in New Orleans.it's a 30 gal upright with a 20 gal base It has bio ball filtration as well as a preteen skimmer, pumps, uv lights and some other filtration on it. it all seems a bit much for a 30 gal to me, but i'm not complaining. he's also giving me the left overs from his other two sw tanks that are no more(pumps and stuff) and a 5 gal bucket of salt O.o

any way here's my question I have a nasty lil female clown that wont accept another clown, a unknown small species of translucent goby and a yellow clown goby in a (temporarily overstocked) 10 gal(just the clown and goby for a year. Got the clown goby the other day for the new tank)
i am putting them in to the 30 when I get it cycled I was wondering what other fish I could keep with them because I don't really want another goby that sits around allot.

1. a fire fish
2. one of those lil purple fish
3. one of those lil purple/yellow fish
4. some kind of damsil maybe a blue

any of these fish work? any other suggestions? or can I keep a pair of any of the afore mentioned fish i think a pair of those purple/yellow fish would look nice.

RedRain5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:54 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Well your fish descriptions arnt helping much
but im asuming by the "purple and yellow fish" its a royal gramma, and "lill purple fish" maybe a purple psuedo, and the "damsel of sorts" maybe a blue devil or yellow tailed damsel?

Houston "Face Trials with Smiles"-Porter Ellett
My aquariums-5gall snowball shrimp, 20long-awaiting setup,29gall planted
"We are nothing until we make ourselves somthing"
blazeyreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
yea yellow tail, gramma and psuedo I couldn't remember what they were called heh
Old 06-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
I would not mess with the damsels but one of the other two would be OK. IMO
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:39 AM   #5
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Iagree, damsels tend to become aggressive. You might get away with adding one in as the last fish. What about a clown fish?
Age is relative, you are only as old as you act....of course, this works in reverse....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Acronym List

roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #6
I have a clown and she is mean she lost her mate (jumped out). she was all nice befre he died now she even bites me. I got a young clown so it could be male and she killed it she seems ok with other fish just not clowns so clowns are out.

I'm kina leaning twords a fire fish or gramma at the moment.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com