Stocking ideas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Triggersgalore

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 240 gallon FOWLR I have a 6-7 inch lion fish a 4 inch vlamingi tang a white eyed moray eel a tiger moray eel and an undulated trigger I need ideas I want it to be a predator tank!

I also have a 225 gallon and it has been cycling for about 2 months now and I want to do more of a schooling smaller fish kind of tank. I need ideas for that too! Thanks.

Groupers would be great for the first tank. There are quite a few that would do well in a 240. The Miniatus groupers are awesome!! Some of the bigger wrasses would be good too. I have a lunare wrasse, lion fish, volitan lion, dogface puffer, narrow lined puffer, Niger trigger, and a panther grouper in my 160. Looking for an eel next.

A big angel like a French or Maculosous would go well or some look downs. Grouper is a good idea too. I especially like the Miniatus and Pollenei Groupers.

I have a 240 gallon FOWLR I have a 6-7 inch lion fish a 4 inch vlamingi tang a white eyed moray eel a tiger moray eel and an undulated trigger I need ideas I want it to be a predator tank!

I also have a 225 gallon and it has been cycling for about 2 months now and I want to do more of a schooling smaller fish kind of tank. I need ideas for that too! Thanks.

I'm sorry but we can't help you. You claim to have a 240 and 225 gal tank yet we see no pictures. Until you provide pics of both the pred tank and new tank setups, you get NOTHING!!!
We, if you have real problem other than what to stock we will help. Advice come at a cost. Pics is the payment.
[Exit soapbox stage left]

Thanks I would definitely be interested in the groupers and the look downs! I would recommend a white eye eel for your 160 they are by far the coolest eel.

My 225 is odd it is 72" by 48" by 18".

Attachments

• image-3261882972.jpg
    image-3261882972.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 86
Love the look of that 225! I would love the room to do a tank that does not have to go against one wall. This is one of the best set ups I have seen for a while, nice work. Got to put a large angel in there right? Emperor, queen?

I have always wanted an island tank and one of my lfs closed down and it was one of their display tanks for corals and she actually gave it to me for free the whole set up! I think I am going to put a large angel in my 240 because in the 225 I want more of a passive tank. But I would love a queen angel they are beautiful fish.

Triggersgalore said:
I have always wanted an island tank and one of my lfs closed down and it was one of their display tanks for corals and she actually gave it to me for free the whole set up! I think I am going to put a large angel in my 240 because in the 225 I want more of a passive tank. But I would love a queen angel they are beautiful fish.

Oh man, you got lucky! That's a gorgeous tank. Both are! I can't wait to see what you do with them. Sorry I can't help with the stocking, though. My only saltwater experience is with green spotted puffers, no other marine species. Hopefully I'll have a more advanced salt tank one day soon.

Just picked up 2 monos and a couple damsels for the 225. Hoping to get more Friday. There is a big warehouse where I live full of fish and it's my heaven so I am going there soon!

Back
Top Bottom