Stocking Ideas for 125g FOWLR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cashmoney6980

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I think it's about time to get something new in my 125g, but I'm not sure wat! I would love any ideas! I've been thinking about a Picasso Trigger, but I got a couple skunk cleaner shrimp which my wife and I love to watch and a trigger MIGHT mean the end of them. It's a 6 foot, 125 gallon with 40 gallon sump/fuge.

Current stocking list:
2.5" Yellow tang
2.5" One-spot Foxface Rabbitfish
3" Dogface Pufferfish
1.5" Sixline Wrasse
2" Black & White Occ. Clownfish
(2) Large Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
A handful of mixed hermit crabs
(3) Golfball sized turbo snails, (2) Nassarius snails, and a few other mixed snails

I would like to get an anemone sometime down the road, but it's not a necessity cuz with my luck he'd find a home on the backside of my rock and I'd never see him. Im open to any options! I want something with a lot of color and rather active. I wouldn't mind going the direction of a predator tank, but once again I'm not sure how the cleaners would do then.

Does anyone think a Humu Humu Picasso trigger would be ok with the cleaners? I've read mixed reviews about them where some people say they wouldn't last with a trigger, then ive read where people say cleaners are the exception and end up cleaning the triggers and never have a problem.

Thanks in advance!
image-1095369701.jpg

TheTodd said:
How about a Harlequin Tusk? Not sure how they are with shrimp though.

I like that idea! After a little research on them, I think theyd be ok with the shrimp. It looks like snails are the ones to worry about with those, but I don't mind replacing those. They're cheap, and Premium Aquatics always has a lot of big ones in stock if I need them for cheap.

I have a full on predator tank and it is the most fun tank I have ever had. I recommend one with triggers puffers lions and groupers and maybe some eels.

Triggersgalore said:
I have a full on predator tank and it is the most fun tank I have ever had. I recommend one with triggers puffers lions and groupers and maybe some eels.

I actually have had a dwarf zebra lionfish on order from premium aquatics for about a month. Just playing the waitin game now. I really like that idea. All my favorite fish are predators, and I think I've got enough space to be able to do the lion, triggers, an some eels... Not sure if I've got room for any groupers yet tho unfortunately cuz I love the panther grouper

PS:
A yellow tang an foxface would be able to hold their own in with a few predators, right?

Back
Top Bottom