Stocking list revised

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy444

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I like to revise my stocking list for other ideas and stuff so at my lfs yesterday I saw a coral beauty and it was magnificent!So I was just wondering if I could get it.:uzi::bowl::hat:

x1 sixline wrasse
x2 ocellaris clowns
x1 royal gramma
x1 yellow tang
x1 flame angel
x1 coral beauty
And could I add them in that order?

:uzi::new-alien:

how big is your tank??? and if you want to get coral the coral beauty and the flame angel my pick at them, ill add the clowns then the gramma then the yellow tang and then the wrasse

Thanks guys my tank size is 75 gallons and I'll play it safe with one dwarf angel and just FOWLR btw:
In this order

x2 ocellaris clowns
x1 royal gramma
x1 yellow tang
x1 sixline wrasse
x1 flame angel

:)

I would do the yellow tang last. They come with an attitude and will harass anyone who comes after them. JME

Might try some pajama cardinals, maybe 5. They won't put a dent in your bioload on a 75g. I would go for a kole tang or another bristletoothe tang because yellow tangs are just to common, but that's JMO. The flame angel may pick at coral if/when you get it. You will most likely have to take the whole tank apart to catch it if it does start to pick at the coral so you might want to think about that one. The royal gramma will get aggressive and territorial as it ages. Sixline wrasses are too common as well IMO, look at scarlet pin-stripe wrasses and see what you think. HTH.

Oh OK why would it be a problem if yellow tangs and sixline wrasse are too common?What's HTH?I'm gonna have a FOWLR tank.My list should then look like this:

x2 ocellaris clowns
x1 sixline wrasse(don't think it looks the nice:SPS wrasse)
x1 royal gramma*
x1 flame angel*
x1 yellow tang
*add at the same time to establish territories together
I really like the wrasse unless there are any other suggestions I'm gonna pick that one.The yellow tang is really a striking yellow,my dad also likes the look of it!

One more change in the order is I would move the sixline to next to last. They can get quite mean with new additions. JMO

Actually my dad just told me that he was planning on a 65 gallon because of cost :( .So I'm probably gonna have to scratch the yellow tang off the list :( .Anyhow replacements are welcome :?

So then I was thinking it could be like this for a 65 gallon:

x2 ocellaris clowns
x1 royal gramma
x1 sixline wrasse
x1 flame angel
and some kind of blenny or goby

If you go with a blenny, the bi-color blenny is good from what I have heard. Why not add some fish that like to stay in groups, or school such as cardinals and chromis?

Good idea thominil!I'll try and search cardinals and chromis.Chromis from what read get about is that they get average size 4-6".

For the blenny, could I go with something like a lawnmower blenny or a sailfin blenny?Or something along those lines.

Thanks guys!Could I put in 2 blennies like a sailfin blenny and the midas blenny in say either a 75 or 65 gallon?Could I then go with about 3 green chromis?and then my list could be something like this:

x2 ocellaris clowns
x1 royal gramma
x3 green chromis
x1 flame angel
x1 midas blenny
x1 sailfin blenny
Or something like that....

So then it should look like this:

x3 green chromis
x2 ocellaris clowns
x1 royal gramma
x1 midas blenny
x1 flame angel
x1 yellow tang
Could this be good for a 75 gallon?I think you're all noticing that I'm going from 65G-75G,right?I'm doing this because we're still thinking on either a 75G or a 65G.

Back
Top Bottom