Stocking my 90 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonny_raff

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys I am starting up a new 90 gallon FOWLR! I am not new to the hobbie and currently have a 55 and 90 gallon tank which are both reefs!
Ok so my list would be...

Kole tang
Picasso trigger
Flame angel
Yellow coris wrasse

I do know that the trigger will outgrow my tank and at that point I will sell it! If it truly can't live happily in my tank i am compleatly open to other options! I would get it as a baby to watch it grow over time. Are there any other fish that I could add to the tank or any fish i should replace with another? Please let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Why would you get a fish you can't support? I guess it's okay if you have resources available to buy/sell/trade, but it still seems strange.

Im open to suggestions on what other fish i could have! Im not set on that list. I totally understand where ypu are coming from and i probably wont ve getting one but I just wanted to see peoples oppinions

You could scratch the trigger and get a few wrasses. :)

I have a few in my 90 fowlr and its nice to watch them, they are so active. I have a red coris wrasse that I've had since he was a tiny little baby with white stripes....he is now morphing into a whole new fish...;lost his stripes and his orange/red coloring is slowly turning to a cool blue color. Some wrasses go under extreme changes as they mature which i think is pretty cool to watch as the years go by. :)

FOWLR tanks can be really great as you dont have to worry about coral nippers and you can get the really cool fish. lol

I was thinking more one the lines of a larger preditor but not so large that it doesnt fit in the tank...

yeah, I had thoughts of getting a larger Predator type fish but really came up empty as they mostly get too big. :-( I was deadset on a harlequin tusk, but even that guy has issues with living his life out in a 90g.
Some of the wrasses i have are quite large to be honest, my lunar wrasse is at least 6-7 inches and is really the most active fish i have in there. lol

That really cool! I have some time to decide and knowing me Im going to see a really cool fish at the lfs and buy it and throw my stock list out the window... I will definatly look into a larger wrasse

I also forgot, but what about a rabbitfish or some kind of foxface? they get a little larger and can add some nice color to your tank. :)

Would a Saddle Valentini puffer nip at a lionfish?

Ok so I have made my new and improved stocklist...

Kole tang
Lemonpeel angel
Lyretail anthias 1 male 2 femails
Snowflake eel

So I have another question regarding the list. I really want one more fish that will blow people away when they see it. I originally thought about an angler but was scared that it might eat my anthias. Then I was looking through LiveAquaria and saw the assorted flounder but thought it would get way to big... and suggestions on wierd, amazing fish? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom