Stocking Options Please Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Social_d87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im starting a 29gal saltwater tank and i need help starting my stocking list. I am up for all ideas for the tank i want my tank to have a lot of personality. Thanks for all the help.

Well...it depends on what your long-term goals are for the tank. Are you interested in a FOWLR or a reef? It will make a difference in fish selection. While a 29 does not offer a ton of realestate for fish, you have some great options non-the-less. I would suggest looking at a dwarf angel (flame, coral beauty, lemonpeel), royal gramma, firefish, a few chromis, a pair of true or false percs to name a few. First decide what type of tank you want and build your fish list around that.

I agree with Brian. First what are the plans for your tank? I just added a flame angel to my 29 gallon FOWLR tank.

Gobys are great too! I have a yellow watchman goby and it has tons of personality.

I would like to have a FOWLR tank. I asked my lfs about the types of fish and he said all these ridiculous types of fish like triggers and puffers to put in there so thats why im asking you guys lol so i now have to find a new lfs.

Last edited:
Here is a good database for you to check out. Just put in your tank size and it will take you to the fish that you can house in that size tank.

Back
Top Bottom