Stocking Order

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tdubrow

Aquarium Advice Regular
Stocking list for my 75 Gallon will be as follows:

2 Ocellaris Clowns
3 Pajama Cardinals
1 Firefish
1 Royal Gramma
1 Bicolor Chromis
1 Bicolor Dwarf Angel

Will I be ok with this stock list? Should I stock them in this order?

Firefish tend to be loners. At work we just put 2 in a 550g display and sadly only one remains due to aggression. If you can purchase a pair then go for it. I'd stock it this way:

1 firefish
3 PJ cardinals
2 Ocellaris clowns
1 royal gramma
1 bicolor chromis
1 bicolor dwarf angel

Thanks everyone.

Quick question. Would it be possible to add the 3 cardinals and the 1 firefish to start or would it be too much of a bio load.

Did a fishless cycle with pure ammonia, about 1-2ppm every other day. I used to fully stock my mbuna tanks after a cycle of this type and never had any problems. Just not sure about SW.

Should I be safe and just add the firefish and maybe 1 cardinal. Then a week later 2 more cardinals?

Personally, I wouldn't combine species in the quarantine tank. I'd do it in the order, and quantity, that Innovator mentioned.

Well, I actually don't have a problem with combining species in a QT (I do it often) as long as they are somewhat compatible. I have more of a problem combining conspecifics because of aggression. If you wanted to combine fish in a QT, say 20g, I would just have the PJ cards and the firefish. I would QT clownfish/pairs separately from other fish. The gramma, chromis, and dwarf angel could be QT'd together.

Back
Top Bottom