Stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gambs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Getting ready to stock my 55 g salt. This is my first tank and going peaceful. Please tell me if these fish will be ok together. Going with 2 true perc clowns, 1 maroon clown, six line wrasse, yellow watchman goby, tiger pistol shrimp, 2 lawn mower blennies. Already have a CUC in there. Will probably add anenome s for clown to host. Any other fish suggestions? Don't want to be overstocked. Wanted fox face but don't think 55 is big enough?

I would not put a maroon clown in with other clowns. I also wouldn't put one in a 55, period. They get 5" or so and can be very territorial. I'd rather take my chances with the foxface, but you are right, not a big enough tank.

Ok so maroon out. Everything else seems ok? What other fish would be good options?

Yes. Is this a reef tank? A small angel may work. A cherub or coral beauty maybe. It's really hit or miss with most fish as they sometimes exhibit abnormal behavior, but as far as size goes, They should work.
Live Aquaria has minimum tank size for each fish. You can use that site as a general req's guide.

Just going to be a fowler for now. Possibly reef down the road if i don't kill anything. Would stick to hardy corals.

Seems like it will work, minus the Tomato Clown. Why two Lawnmowers? I'd almost consider one and get something else for more variety. They are characters though.

Wait a while before adding the anemone, as they tend to do better in established tanks.

From what I heard, lawnmower blennies may go on hunger strikes or just present problems. I'd go with a bicolor blenny instead

Was able to get 2 true Percy's and a yellow watchman goby. Is it typical for clowns to stay in a corner near the surface? They havnt really explored the tank at all. They are eating marine flake though, which is good.

Back
Top Bottom