stocking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

it512

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is what I have in by 55gal tank:

Maroon clown
Percula Clown
Coral Beauty Angelfish
Peach Sebae Anemone
20 blue hermit crabs
2 turbo snails
3 Nassarius snails
1 cleaner shrimp

What other type of fish can I add, and how many more fish would be ok to add?
I also would like to add a Star Fish.

Thanks...
Love your site and great advice.

any live rock? it all depends on your tank and your water change habits. what level is your nitrate at most days?
Star fish, what kind???

seaham358 said:
any live rock? it all depends on your tank and your water change habits. what level is your nitrate at most days?
Star fish, what kind???

Yes, I've got 40lb of live rock and live sand.
Haven't deiced on what type of star fish yet.
MY Nitrate is at zero.
Just had it tested at a LFS, I also have my own testing kit which I do once a week. I do PWC every 2 to 3 weeks. about 10 gal.

As far as my clowns go, they get a long really well, for now.
Didn't realise when I bought them you were not suppose to get 2 clowns unless they were paired. "keeping my fingers crossed" .
Right now they stay at opposite ends of the tank.

Not true about the clowns. I used to keep 3 True Perculas together. You just need enough space. The problem with your clowns is that they are different species. Try to get something for each of them to host and place it on the OPPOSITE side of the tank, and hopefully they won't kill each other. You might have to trade one in.

I read the post wrong... Too many capt and coke last night.. :)
Most say a 75+ is needed for a tang, IMO you can get away with 1 in a 55 if you have enough swimming room for them. What I mean by this is having 100 - 150 lbs or LR in a 55 cuts down on the room in the tank and it also displaces more water. JMO.
I have a PT in my 55 and know another who has a large PT for years in his 55. Just keep water quality up and it should be fine. I have a fuge to help with this.
clowns may be a issue later on.. Maroons can get mean when they get large.

I would not mix two different species of clowns in a 55gal tank. If you want two, make sue they are a male/female pair from the LFS.

Back
Top Bottom