Stressing! Just bought 3 emerald crabs & 5 hermits- all died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brooklyn2la

Aquarium Advice Regular
Did a 20% WC and tested water. Everything was good so I decided on buying cuc. They all died except a cleaner shrimp & brittle star. What now!

Yes- drip acclimated for 1 hour. Pretty much died 1 hour after I put them in the tank. 1 snail also died today

1 hour is a a bit sort for inverts. I acclimate my inverts for almost 3 hours. 2 hours is reccomended

Make sure your salinity, and alk are good. Both are invert killers if off by too much. There's another, but I can't remember.

I would do a very very large water change. >90%. I think something is in your water. I can't kill snails, crabs, or anything.. even when my water is terrible.

Will do a large WC tomorrow. Ammonia is 0, nitrites are 0, nitrates are 40 (I just did a WC on Wed), Alk is 240, & ph is 8.2.
Also I just found 1 crab alive! Do you know if the chemipure seal is broken & the sack is dry- should I use it or return it

I did mine for like 10 mins and none died,but now im down to 1 hermit and 1 snail cuz my snails are stupid and try to climb upside down on the lid,fall and get killed by my hermit before i even can get my net to flip him(deep tank,dnt wanna soak my arm so i flip it with my net) but good luck and mabey your tank just wasnt ready for em how old is it?

Nah coppers overrated i used copper in my old fw tank which i emptied and is now my sw tank,plus i use same vac,net,scrubber,magnet thing and evrything and it was never a prob for me so unless he dosed his sw tank i think heel be fine

A 90% change is a little much I think inverts are affected huge with temp and salinity

Back
Top Bottom