Stubborn Dwarf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

landshark

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive tried everything to get my fuzzy dwarf to eat frozen meals but he still demands live guppies which I give alot of healthy meals.Even tried starving him for 2 days like some people suggested.Tried the shrimp on a stick,silversides,,no success.When I bought him 3 Weeks ago the Fish store lady said Oh yea,he loves Mysis shrimp!” Yea,right.

Huizheng,youre a freakin genius!!! Its working! I let the shrimp soak in the garlic fish food for awhile and tossed them close to him and hes munching on then.Thanks a million!!,I didnt like just feeding him guppys all the time...........

just remember garlic the next time you get new fish or fish that is picky. eventually all the fish will happily eat anything without garlic, but garlic will certainly expedite the whole process, not to mention that it boosts the fish's immune system. glad i could help

Do the same thing with some Silver Sides! Shrimp alone won't be enough. Good luck! Glad Huizheng 1988 helped!

Thanx Baron,I bought some Silversides couple Weeks back but now that I know about the garlic marinade I will try that on the Silvetsides too.....

Literally with the Silversides, think of it like fishing! It helps if you use a method with some fishing string and something that will allow for it to be taken off easily. The more you dangle it in front of him the more he will want to eat.

Back
Top Bottom