Stuff on tank walls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I keep getting sand that was kicked up and then a ton of algae on the side of the tank what do I do I have a cleaner shrimp with ten blue legged crabs a snail and a starfish what do I do as it makes my tank look really trashy

Your best bet is get a scraper. I let the stuff grow on my back and side glass. I keep the front glass spotless. Two of my four sides is covered by a wall.

Well what I did when I had the same problem as you I went and got a algee eater. it depends on the size of your tank. So if you have a 40G tank you should get 2.

Is there a specific kind you would recommend or does it not matter like I do have an algae scraper but its not strong enough to scrape this algae off I don't know why because its an expensive one

It doesn't really matter which kind I mean I got one that's at pet smart with a lepard print one which is the common kind. I used to use a scraper but it didn't work very well for me. But if I were you I would get 2 algee eaters if the algee is really bad because when i got one it really helped that I don't see algee on the glass any more.

It doesn't really matter which kind I mean I got one that's at pet smart with a lepard print one which is the common kind. I used to use a scraper but it didn't work very well for me. But if I were you I would get 2 algee eaters if the algee is really bad because when i got one it really helped that I don't see algee on the glass any more.

This is a saltwater tank...plecos would die. Your best bet is to scrape it off. Snails will help but aren't the solution.

Ok then what should I do about the sand and everything it's just irritating me haha I'm a very OCD person when it comes to certain things

Well if you have algae covering the sand you probably have a phosphate/nitrate problem. I'd figure out what those levels are at and go from there.

I don't have it on my sand I got rid of that problem a long time ago my sand like sticks to the side of the tank if its liked up but every time I clean it off it sticks again

Back
Top Bottom