Stunted hummu trigger?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mugabe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So my tanks a 140g custom home built, ive got a yellowtang, sailfin tang, dogface puffer, hummu trigger, and an undulated trigger.

my question has to do with the growth of my hummu, the little bugger hasn't gotten any larger since ive got him. He's been with us for about 2 years, I know triggers have a slow growth rate, but the undulate has put on an inch (now 5.5") over the year and half I've had her, the other fish also have grown noticeably. But my happy little hummu is still ~ 3", he eats well and is very outgoing, he seems to eat more than a fish of that size should. but anyhow just wondering if there's indeed a problem or if he's just a midget for life. I've seen very large hummu's while diving in hawaii so I have an idea of how large they can get.

cheers

Welcome to the site. My first thought was they are a slow growing trigger. If it were stunted, he would be somewhat out of proportion. That's about all I can help with. There are other folks that know a ton more about them and I'm sure they will chime in.

yeah he's not really distorted or squashed like say a big guapote living in a small tank, he's just skinny and looks pretty much the same as he did the day i brought him home, just more colorful now. he seems healthy, my only concern is that he has worms or something that might cause problems in the future. If he's just a midget thats fine with me.

Is his poop stringy or white?
I would have to imagine fish, just like all animals are subject to "smaller" stature and some can be over the norm.

Back
Top Bottom