stupid question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NeoCatsy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just bought a canister filter online. CAn anyone tell (or show) me how or what i need to set it up. Plumbing, etc. Also, what kinda glue do you use? I'm sorry. I'm such a noob. It will not have a skimmer yet. that is later down the road. Do i need to buy powerheads seperate?

Canister filters are simple. Just an input and output tube (flexable, no glue required! :D)

It's ok, we were all noobs at one point lol!

The canister should have come with instructions if purchased new; however, just about every manufacturer has instructions online if you go to their website. What canister did you purchase? With canisters you do not have to glue anything like you would pvc. Depending on the type of canister you may or may not need powerheads (probably do).

Thank you so much, would your rec powerheads?

I would get another xp2 or even xp3, otherwise, you'll need powerheads. Depending on how elaborate of a system you want, Koralias are relatively cheap, but Ecotechs and Tunze are better quality/output and you're definitely paying for it.

Just wondering, why aren't you doing a sump? I think if I set up more tanks over 29G I'll put a sump in all of them.

Back
Top Bottom