Suggested Schooling fish for Aggressive tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baron1282

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was thinking about a school of Lemon Chromis in my tank, but I don't know if that would really work. I would want to do about 10 of them for a nice schooling effect.

I have a 120 gallon tank (Long) that I am setting up, and I will be transferring my fish out of my 55.

My current stock of fish is.

1. Yellow Tang
1. Yellow Eye Tang
1. Lyretail Wrasse
1. Coral Beauty
1. Blue Spotted Toby

In anyone's opinion, what would be a good schooling fish (If any) for this type of tank?

I plan on adding

1. One Spot Foxface
1. Singapore Angelfish
1. Mimic Lemon Peel Tang

I am also considering a Harlequin Tusk Fish, but I am still on the ropes about it. Being my tank is a Long tank and is 5 foot long, I think I can get away with one so long as my stocking list stays the way it is. I don't know if I would go with the schooling fish if I decide on the Harlequin Tusk.

Based on your stocking I would have to say chromis of some kind. I would go with anthias, but you have a decent sized bioload already and they arent very small fish so adding a school of anthias would probably push it over the acceptable levels.

I would also pass on the tusk. I have been debating adding one to my 90g but it really needs a bigger tank than 4 or five feet in my opinion.

I have the luxury of talking to the people from the Newport Aquarium in Cincinnati, and some real pro's in the business.

They all think that a Tusk Fish would do fine in my Aquarium so long as I don't have too much rock obstructing the swim space. Swim Space is more important than the size of the tank, but I would still agree with you on the 90 gallon being to small. My tank is the same size as a 125 but one foot less in length. I do have 4 more inches in height!

Back
Top Bottom