Suggestions for 90gal setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namsupak

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just wanted to get some suggestions about an aquarium I am setting up. I have two components but I am curious about what other things I should get. I plan to run a fish only with live rock (FOWLR). the tank is also in the living room so noise or lack of it is crucial to the setup. I would rather pay more for quiet reliable components

I have the following:
90 gallon All Glass Aquarium with built in over flow
125 gallon wet/dry filter from Pro Clear Aquatics (20"L X 9.75"W X 18"H)

I need the following:

lighting: I want to go with some sort of power compact, currently on my other tanks I use current-usa actinic lighting.

skimmer: I was thinking of some sort of AquaC Skimmer or a tunze, but I have no clue about model number, does this thing sit in the filter or do i need to set it up externally.

Pump for the Wet/Dry: I have no clue here since I have never used a wet/Dry before. I don't mind paying more money upfront because I wasnt something with good energy efficiency something quiet and reliable.

Refugium: I am up in the air about this, is there a way to set it up with macroalgae in the wet/dry and also what kind of light/plumbing system would I need for this.

Filtration: Would I also need to run a canister or is the wet dry enough

Lastly I just want to clarify how I understand this to work, the water comes to the wet dry through the overflow drilled into the tank, then it is pumped back to the tank through the overflow system. How do you go about matching up the flow from the skimmer and the pump to the tank if the skimmer sits in the filter.

Sorry for all the questions I just need a lot of clarification and I am also open to any suggestions. Thanks for your help.

WELCOME TO AA!!!

Please don't cycle your tank with live animals.

lighting: I want to go with some sort of power compact, currently on my other tanks I use current-usa actinic lighting.

I use this one:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=12772&N=2004+113175
You might want to look around, since these only fit 48" tanks.

skimmer: I was thinking of some sort of AquaC Skimmer or a tunze, but I have no clue about model number, does this thing sit in the filter or do i need to set it up externally.

For FOWLR, if you have enough LR, about 1.5-2 LBs per Gallon of water, you probably don't need to spend the money on one. I have a 55g and don't use one. Lots of people sweat by them, especially if they go reef.

Back
Top Bottom