Suggestions for active fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the grim reefer

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for reef safe fish that have the same kinda swim habits as the chromis or a lamrack angel....I would like to find out some different suggestions as to what I could put in my tank..has to like shrimp. I dont want something that tends to hide but is in view majority of the time. Something that has some color too.

Thanks Grim

I would love to have a tang but that is in the future...I want to make sure that my tank would have enough algae for him to graze..he was going to be my last purchase.

the grim reefer said:
I would love to have a tang but that is in the future...I want to make sure that my tank would have enough algae for him to graze..he was going to be my last purchase.

You do not want to have enough algea for him to graze if you are talking about hair algea. If you are talking about calerpa then he will eat what you have in the tank in about a week. Best to feed him a variety of frozen,seaweed selects and flake. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Thank you again...maybe I will ask my LFS guy to bring me in a yellow tang in a month or so and then my family will be complete :)

Grim

Back
Top Bottom