Suggestions for fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Natterjak

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone have suggestions for a good lineup of fish for a 70 gallon FOWLR?

So far we have a pair of percula clowns. I'd like to get a small puffer (I like porcupine puffers, but I think those might grow to big for our tank). Other than that, I'm not sure what to get. I really like the humu triggers, and/or was thinking of getting a yellow tang.

Thoughts? :)

well the triggers might be a bit much for your clowns !! but there are many reef fish that will get along with the clowns instead of looking for a monster fish to blend with the clowns !! yellow tang should be the last fish added imo they are way to aggressive once there established so hold off on him !! mabe 1-2 royal grammas / many gobys would be good !! wrasses many choices !! dodge the valitine puffer they are fin nippers !!

So definitely no trigger with the clownfish? Any other suggestions for tangs? I was thinking yellow because it seems to be the hardiest...

I'll look into the other fish, thanks for the suggestions. :)

except for the yellow and kole tang, none are really suitable for a tank that size.
you might want to check out the wrasse family, they are quite colorful and suitable as well as many of the blennies and gobies.

Gobies are a good lower tank inhabitant
Coral Beaty is a good mid tank swimmer (contantly in motion)
Falco or Arc Eyed Hawkfish are an interesting addition
Firefish are beautiful, but not real active

Damsels=Evil incarnate

Back
Top Bottom