Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-25-2007, 03:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to boricua1213
Suicidal Fish

This morning when I went to feed the fish I noticed that my fire fish was nowhere to be seen. I looked all over the tank moving rocks and sand. Only to find him on the floor dried up. Must have jumped out. How do I prevent other fish from suffering the same fate? The tank has a number of openings on the top but the two rear ones I cover with plastic panel. There are 2 openings under my lights that i leave open so that I do not get a green house effect. Any ideas?

boricua1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:50 PM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Most people use egg crate over the tank. You can get it at most hardware stores. It`s the stuff you see over flourecent lights in buildings.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:08 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via MSN to madhatter208 Send a message via Yahoo to madhatter208
Yep what Melosu58 said..

I use it on my tank and it works out great. You can cut it into sections and remove them as needed for cleaning and what not.

Also helps reduce evaperation.
madhatter208 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com