Sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishfan321

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi. Was wondering how I could make a sump For my 30 gallon long.
I have a spare 10 gal I would like to use. Any pictures or words on how to set it up would be great. I would like a refugium in it. Also what type of return pump should I get? Thanks

drawing of a basic setup in my profile also a couple of photo's of a sump made for refugium,as for the return pump depends on your drain to the sump,are you using a overflow box?

I'm not sure should I use one.. I've heard good things about them

it's going to be super hard to make a sump with a refugium, out of a 10 gallon tank. it's very small. i fear the refugium would be too tiny to be of value.

it's going to be super hard to make a sump with a refugium, out of a 10 gallon tank. it's very small. i fear the refugium would be too tiny to be of value.

This is true,didn't take notice of size,maybe just a sump for equipment and LR or chaeto

No point in any of this. Just get a HOB skimmer. If you already have one then just run it that way. No point of a sump on a 30 gallon. Usually a 30 gallon is the minimum size to use as a sump. Put a gecko in the 10 gallon, even then might be too small lol

David S said:
This is true,didn't take notice of size,maybe just a sump for equipment and LR or chaeto

What is chaeto? And what do you mean

austinsdad said:

Oooooohhh!! I remember this it's a macroalgae. Thanks very informative.. If I did use a rubbermaid container, what would be a good way to glue it? I really like the advantages of a sump.(like not seeing evaporation in main tank, cleanliness of main, etc.) also, if you could give me a picture of one like that or anything it would
Be great. There's not much info on it..

Back
Top Bottom