Sump question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
only issue i see, and its not really a big one, is the chamber 2 (where your skimmer sits) is awfully small. most skimmers dont take too kindly to changes in water levels. being that the chamber is so small, you may experience frequent water level changes in there, throwing off the skimmer.

wait, shouldnt the input hose (coming into the sump), empty into those 2 filter socks? it looks as though its running down past the socks....which would bypass them entirely

The water level should stay at the same height as the baffle before the return pump section, or so it seems to me...

The water level should stay at the same height as the baffle before the return pump section, or so it seems to me...
i believe, if you look real close, there are bottom slot drains between ch.2 and 3. even then you could fill up past the opening in the last divider, it would just take a decent amount more water, because it would lift the entire sump water levle.

i believe, if you look real close, there are bottom slot drains between ch.2 and 3. even then you could fill up past the opening in the last divider, it would just take a decent amount more water, because it would lift the entire sump water levle.

Yea but it's the second baffle that has the holes in it. I don't see that effecting the water level. If the holes were in the first baffle then water could pass without going up and over, but it's not.

oh wow i wasnt even paying attention to the baffle before it. yeah it would have to go up to ATLEAST that baffle. going below it would require holes to be drilled into it.

Back
Top Bottom