Sun flower need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soonfoh

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can some body tell me. Just now I buy some sun flower than put in to my tank. I saw the flower not open. Normally how long will open back. Time I buy still open. Sun flower need strong light o not?

are you talking about tubastrea?

2487153647_926614cd49.jpg

This

Attachments

• image-1453909205.jpg
    image-1453909205.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 100
Brother flake. Star fish need feeding o not? Anemone also want eat?

Attachments

• image-2810270157.jpg
    image-2810270157.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 94
Star fish need feeding o not? Anemone also want eat?

The starfish will find the matter it requires on your live rock or sand bed (if that matter happens to exist in your system). If the matter it requires doesn't exist it will eventually starve to death.

Without knowing what type of anemone you have, appropriate lighting and occasional feeding can sustain most anemone's. What type of lighting and anemone do you have, or are considering getting?

For the best success, the tubastrea will require dedicated target feeding several times a week. Typically a nocturnal coral, but the polyps can be inticed to extend their feeder tentacles when they sense food in the water (cylopeeze, mysis, etc), and can be 'trained' to extend their polyps during lighted hours.

Anemone come out some thing black colour. May I know what is that? Anemone still health???

Attachments

• image-1814489880.jpg
    image-1814489880.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 81
Kay. I use T8

Attachments

• image-930606070.jpg
    image-930606070.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 85
Why My sun flower still not open. Alr 3 day??? Can any one tell me? Thank Q

Have you observed your sun coral after the tank lights have been off for 2 or 3 hours? Tubastrea is typically a nocturnal coral.

If your sun coral is not permanently affixed in your tank, get a small container and add enough tank water in it so that when the sun coral is temporarily placed in it you've got about 2" of water above it.

Add some mysis shrimp and/or cyclopeeze to intice the polyps to extend. It may take 5-20min for it to do so. If the polyps have extended feed the coral the mysis shrimp and cyclopeeze. If there is no reaction, return the sun coral to the tank and try again the next day or so.

If the sun coral is permanently affixed to the live rock in your tank and cannot be removed use the top of a 2-liter soda container and place that in the tank over the coral so that it forms a dome over it; then and introduce the aformention food into the opening at the top (to concentrate the food in the proximity of the sun coral and protect it from CUC and fish that may attempt to consume the food.

My sun corals had an excellent response to mysis shrimp and would fully bloom within a few moments of sensing it in the tank

Back
Top Bottom